Books

Saturday, July 16, 2022

He's Here!!!!

 

He finally came into the world this morning!  Seven days overdue.  After 30 hours of hard labour they decided to do a C-section as no progress was being made.
Walker Erin, 8lbs 11ozs. 221/2" long. He's so bright eyed for being less than an hour old in the picture!
We are now Great Grandparents, yikes!!!  Kelsey calls us Grandma and Grandpa but she always called my mum and dad Nana and Granddad so that what we'll be called by Walker (when the time comes)lol.
Because of all the restrictions we won't be able to see him until they go home.  Amazingly that will be in two days.  They sure don't keep them very long these days!  When I worked in maternity, back in the 70's, regular births stayed for 5 days and C-sections stayed for 7 days!!  The moms loved it.  Not any more.  Probably a good thing, nobody wants to be in a hospital these days.  At least she's in a private room.
I'm sure there will be lots of pictures to come.😊

9 comments:

  1. He looks a bright perky one - delightful. When I had my son 64 years ago - a normal birth and a twelve hour normal labour, I was in maternity ward twelve days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Nana! He is a real cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. I have a feeling Walker is going to be doted on, and rightly so :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right!! I've been having trouble with my Bloglovin Reader so didn't see that you had closed your blog. So sorry to see you go, all the best to you and the family. Maybe you'll come back one day😀

      Delete
  4. Just to let you know that Anonymous above is me (Weaver)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to see it was you Pat. Times have certainly changed! She ended up with a c-section and went home 36 hours after delivery!!

      Delete
  5. Oh how lovely...many congratulations. x

    ReplyDelete