Books

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hail

Every morning I go out to my back yard and spent about half an hour dead heading my flowers and pulling the odd weed. I was just thinking how nice the flowers were. The pots were so full and overflowing with blooms. I should have taken some pictures but I got busy with other stuff.

We went out shopping this afternoon. While we were out the sky became very black and the rain came down. As we were driving home we were listening to the radio and they were saying there had been a lot of hail not far from where we live. Well, I guess it was a lot closer to where we live because this is what I found when we arrived home.

You couldn't see any green in the pots this morning because there were so many blooms. I guess I shouldn't feel so bad because we just heard on the TV that some houses have flooded basements in areas only a few blocks from our house.
I do love my flowers though and I sure hope they come back.
Bye for now.

1 comment:

  1. What a shame! We have been having such wintry weather here that I am always so surprised that anything as fragile and delicate as a flower can survive. Hope you get better weather soon
    Kimx

    ReplyDelete