I got one of these collapsible bins and followed the instructions I had read on a gardening blog.
I would add a new bag of compost every time the plants would get about 6 inches high.
After adding 8 bags of compost I decided to let them go on their own. The plants never did flower but according to some of the reading I did not all plants do. I was anxious to see what kind of results I would have, so when the plants were droopy and dying back I decided to dump the dirt out and see what I would have.
Here you see the results!!
The biggest potato was a little bigger than a golf ball and it was downhill from there. We managed to have enough to have at two meals!! To say I was disappointed would be an understatement. With the cost of the container and the cost of the compost it probably works out to two very expensive meals. I really don't know what I could have done wrong so I'm a little leery about trying this again next year. It seems like such a wast of time, money and energy.