Books

Sunday, February 3, 2019

OMG!!

It is soooooooo cold!!  -29C with a wind chill between -40-45C!!  Thank goodness our neighbour shoveled the front this morning.  I had shoveled the driveway yesterday when it was only -19C and there has only been about an inch since so it can stay until it warms up a bit!

Took a picture the other day of me au natural.  This is for my sister so she remembers what I look like, haha!!

Decided to do some baking.  These are eggnog loaves with glace cherries and pineapple!  Quite good.

Always love scones.  These are made with dried cranberries and blueberry yogurt.  Really good!

 Beautiful sunset the other night when we were coming home.  Too bad I had to take the picture over an industrial area.

The trees looked beautiful, from inside the house, yesterday.
Trying not to freeze here.  Take care.


8 comments:

  1. That baking looks good. I thought it was cold here at -1 C!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We wish it was -1C. That's shorts and flip flops weather, lol!!!

      Delete
  2. That eggnog cake looks good and sounds intriguing, would you share the recipe? I do not buy eggnog but can always make some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness that is cold. The baking looks scrumptious I am a great fan of scones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't cope with that. I'm a cold mortal and have layers on indoors most days even when the heating is on. Hope it warms up for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a different kind of cold here. Very dry, not damp like you have.

      Delete