Books

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Back to Work

How soon we forget how exhausting it is the first week back at school. I thought I would have everything ready for my etsy store by now. Obviously I forgot that for the first week or so I'd be bagged at the end of the day and end up doing nothing in the evening except watch t.v. and do a little knitting. Hopefully I'll get my first wind, never mind my second wind, by next week.

It was good to see all the kids. They were so excited to be back at school with their friends. We have a couple that have never been to school before so it's proving to be a little traumatic for them. But they should settle in pretty soon. Our classrooms are still a mess but they should be putting some walls up this weekend and things should start falling into place.

There is a chance of frost tonight so I will have to go out and cover my tomato plants soon. I've picked a lot of them but there are still some that I would like to see get a little bigger. The upside down tomato plant from the last post is really easy to grow. The green round part has a collar inside at the bottom. You have to buy any old tomato plant (mine is a roma) take it out of the pot and put the root part inside, inside the collar, with the green part on the outside. Then you fill the green thing with potting soil, hang it up, water, and watch it grow.

Hopefully I will have more to report the next time I post.
Bye for now!!

1 comment:

  1. Frost....I suppose it will be hitting us sooner or later,but it's so nice to enjoy a few more sunny days,best wishes for your new term.
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete