Books

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sewing Show




I went to the Creative Stitches and Craft show yesterday. It is an annual event that has vendors mainly from western Canada. There is another one next month in Toronto for the east. I usually go with my mom or a friend but this time I went by myself. No one was available and my mom can't walk that far anymore. I had gone by myself once before and quite enjoyed it because I can take my time and spend as long as I like looking at one or another particular thing without thinking I'm holding anyone up. There are lots of quilting stores there and more and more yarn stores. Some scrap booking and a few selling the latest and greatest iron, sheets, dog grooming tool etc. But I'd say 95% is crafting of some kind. I didn't take as many pictures as I'd liked, mainly because I'd forget and then not bother going back to take pictures.



These are just a few of the beautiful quilts that were on display. The one of the wolf is amazing!

This is a scrap bag that I bout for $7.50. It probably has enough fabric to make a baby crib blanket or play mat.


I bought a couple of fat quarters, you can't see but they have raised paint on them. The bundle of fabric is a 5 meter package. There is a double panel and 4-1 meter pieces of co-ordinating fabric. It is the Tropical Safari collection by J. Smith and Lynda S. Milligan, Possibilities for Avlyn Inc. The booth was a quilt shop from out of town. As it was getting late in the day she had reduced everythingby 50%. I only paid $12.50 for the 5 meter bundle - very reasonable!!

T
The colours are quite a bit brighter than what the pictures show. I took the pictures on the bed in the master bedroom. I still have to figure out a good place that I can take pictures year round.
It took me about 3 hours to see all of the show and by then I was ready to call it quits. Cement floors are not kind to the feet or back when walking on them for any great length of time.
That's me for now. Back soon I hope!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a great day out. I love the fabric you bought.
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete