Books

Tuesday, February 28, 2023

28 days later


 
Every night since the surgery I have had to wear this brace in bed. 4 weeks, what a nightmare. This brace goes from high up on the thigh down to just above my ankle. The brace doesn't bend so you have to keep your leg straight all night. It took almost 2 weeks  before I could lie on my right side and I still can't lie on my left side without a lot of pain.  Needless to say there is very little continuous sleep. BUT, the 4 weeks are up and I don't have to wear this @#$%$#@ thing any moreπŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆ. I was talking to my surgeons nurse this morning and she said I should bring it in and throw it at him, I suggested I should bring it in and tell him to find a nice place for him to put it.  She thought that was a much better idea!!πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
Next thing to go is the compression stocking that I have to wear 24 hours a day for 6 weeks, 2 more weeks to go!!

13 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how glad I was to ditch those gawd awful compression stockings both times. I guess I was lucky because I never had to wear a brace either time. Only another two weeks to go for you to hopefully see a big improvement. Keep up the exercises. I still do mine when I think about it and keep as active as I can. I think I would be unable to walk by now if I hadn't had mine done. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see my surgeon on Friday which is the 5 week mark as he will be away on holidays the next week which is supposed to be the scheduled 6 week assessment. I'm hoping he says I can get rid of the stockings.

      Delete
  2. Oh my, I'm surprised you got any sleep at all! Glad to hear you get to say goodbye to the brace. I've never worn a compression stocking, although a friend wears them when flying. She says they aren't very comfortable, so I can't imagine wearing them for 6 weeks, 24/7. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even without the brace it's still painful moving around during the night but at least not with the cumbersome splint.

      Delete
  3. Glad that you are done with the brace!!! Hopefully a better nights sleep is ahead.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heavens it must have been a relief to get rid of the brace but those compression stockings are darn uncomfortable too!! At least you can move around more and hopefully sleep better. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least DH doesn't have to get up and haul me out of bed if I have to get up during the night now, I can mange myself.

      Delete
  5. I broke my hip four years ago and since then I can only sleep on my back - no pain at all which is good. I have now completely got used to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear you are pain free. Both DH and I snore when we are sleeping on our backs!

      Delete
  6. Had both knees replaced many years ago in toronto and never had to wear a brace or stockings. Just did my exercises and all is well. My doctor wanted me to keep bending my knee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's strange how different doctors have different protocols after surgery!!

      Delete
  7. Wow you poor thing. My suggestion to you, if you have another knee surgery, come to the USA. You would not believe the difference.

    ReplyDelete