Books

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Schools Out for Summer!!!

Yeah! No school for 2 months. I'm really ready for this break.
In the last weeks of school we went to the zoo and had a great time. The kids really love seeing all the animals. It's amazing how protective the adult elephants were towards the baby.Many peacocks wander freely throughout the zoo.There was a baby giraffe as well, but I couldn't get a good picture.It's hard to see but there is a baby gorilla that is only 2 weeks old.

It was a very special end of year for us this year. We had a student graduate and go on to Junior High and one boy move up to a higher level class. A great accomplishment for autistic kids.
The flowers in my yard are finally starting to look pretty good. We had so much rain and very little sunshine in the last month or so that everything was late. Finally we have some really nice weather (high 20's, low 30's C so far). With all that rain our hedge was so overgrown, it took a couple of hours to trim it this morning. It looks really nice when trimmed but it doesn't take long before it needs trimming again. I'm now at the point of thinking about having it taken out. It serves no real purpose, it's just along the side of our driveway.
My BFF gave me some lilies last fall from her yard and this is the first that came up this year.This is a blueberry bush I bought. I would love to have blueberries every year. Hopefully it will survive the winter.

Bye for now.

1 comment:

  1. Have a great summer vacation! That is a beautiful red iris, I've never seen one that color before. Nice! xo, suzy

    ReplyDelete