Books

Sunday, December 19, 2021

For Rachelradiostar!

 BUTTER TARTS

I used ready made sweetened tart shells

Filling 

1 cup brown sugar, packed

1cup corn syrup or golden syrup

6 Tblsps. margarine, softened

2 eggs

1 cup raisins

3 tsp. vinegar 

pinch salt

Cream sugar, syrup and margarine well.  

Add eggs, vinegar and salt.

Mix well.  I use a hand mixer to get it really frothy.

Place about 8-10 raisins in each tart shell.

Pour mixture into shells, about 3/4 full.

Bake at 375F for 20 mins.

Depending on size of tart shells this will make 12-18.

6 comments:

  1. That is pretty much the same recipe I use (when I actually make them). I do cut down on the raisins though.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When my mom made them she put a few walnut pieces in as well but we have severe nut allergies around here so we give that a pass!!

      Delete
  2. MERRY CHRISTMAS CHICK! I hope you have a really lovely Christmas with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris, and the same to you and your family.

      Delete
  3. Happy new year : ) Wishing you all the best for 2022 and a warmer springtime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hellooooo THANK YOU - I did try and comment three times on my phone thanking you for this xx

    ReplyDelete